MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It makes me feel good!

Go down

It makes me feel good! Empty It makes me feel good!

Post  Hayla Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:01 pm

My husband is hot tempered, mean spirited and just plain rude the majority of the time. We make decent money together but after the bills are paid and savings put away- I spend whatever is left...to the penny. I struggle with my shopping habits but it seems like the only time I feel good about myself is in the dressing room trying on new clothes, shoes, purses....you name it. I usually feel guilty about the purchase afterwards and half the time I never even wear the stuff, it's just like a high when I am purchasing them. I wish I could just get the love I needed from my husband and keep the money in the bank.

Hayla

Back to top Go down

It makes me feel good! Empty passive aggressive

Post  elise Fri May 01, 2009 8:54 am

Major passive aggressive anger issues. He makes you feel ticked. You can't conceive of how to address it with him. You think "I'll show him." You blow the money. "That'll teach him to mess with me."
You won't get the money under control until you find a cleaner way to address your anger with your husband. Also, you need self affirmation in ways that does not consist of collecting things.

elise

Back to top Go down

It makes me feel good! Empty Materialism cannot replace true happiness.

Post  anniewoo Fri May 15, 2009 2:40 pm

I agree with Elise!

Your pursuit of happiness via materialism is only an excuse not to deal with your own problems. Things cannot be transplanted in the place of a peaceful and content heart. My advice would be to deal with your own feelings of sadness and know exactly why you feel the way you do about your marraige. THEN search out a way to calmly communicate one on one with your husband regarding the obligations and responsibilities toward each other.

"Two monologues do not make a dialogue." Jeff Daly

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

It makes me feel good! Empty get a hobby

Post  bbb Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:27 pm

Sounds like you need to find something to occupy that active mind of yours. How about exercize, volunteering, taking a cooking class, Meals on Wheels. Anything that keeps you constructively occupied.

bbb

Back to top Go down

It makes me feel good! Empty Re: It makes me feel good!

Post  carolinesmith Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:55 am

Well just follow what you think leads to happiness for yourself. cos different things make different people happy. we are all individuals.

carolinesmith

Back to top Go down

It makes me feel good! Empty Re: It makes me feel good!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down