MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put God First

Go down

Put God First Empty Put God First

Post  Kim Tue May 05, 2009 10:44 am

I have been married 25 years. Every year is a blessing to not have turned into another statistic. Websites like this are a great resource to read up on problem resolution and talk to others about similar situations. The best advice I have ever received- and I received as a toast on my wedding day from my Aunt Em, was for both my husband and I to put God first in everything you do. If you are going through marital problems- first make a commitment to line your self up with the Lord and his word and then consult with reputable counselors such as Dr.Les to start reconciling and you will make it!

I promise- The Lord will not put you through more than you can handle....

Kim

Back to top Go down

Put God First Empty good point

Post  Nancy Tue May 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Let's just say that marriage doesn't fall into place. It takes planning and if you do not have a spiritual dimension to your life, you have that much further to climb up the hill.

Nancy

Back to top Go down

Put God First Empty "A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart."

Post  anniewoo Mon May 25, 2009 11:17 am

ABSOLUTEY! There are many, many advantages to a marriage of two followers of Christ who use God as the glue of life. We have been married a long time...there have been occasions in our lives when one lifted the other during times of discouragement, but most of all, God has been there through it all of the ups and downs, even when we were both discouraged. He has carried us through the storms of life and has been the icing on the cake of life for both of us. This discussion renews a scripture for me that was read at our wedding: Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. 10 For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. 11 Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? 12 And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart."

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

Put God First Empty Re: Put God First

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum