MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

character vs. comfort

Go down

character vs. comfort Empty character vs. comfort

Post  deon Wed May 06, 2009 2:48 pm

i realize that in my pursuit of life i tend to take the easy way out of things. for example, i get self-absorbed and it' all about me and my needs. i need to stop thinking about my needs in my marriage and think about my wife's needs and how i can better fulfill them. i've learned that the high road is harder to traverse but the hard way (character building) is usually the right way and the easy way (comfort) is usually the wrong way. hope this helps in your relationships.

deon

Back to top Go down

character vs. comfort Empty Introspection is good!

Post  anniewoo Mon May 18, 2009 10:51 pm

We are a very busy society and become engrossed in our own responsibilities and "likes". I congratulate you in your introspection and hope that you act in a positive way in considering your wife's needs. Sometimes, we have to make a couragous effort to give to those who we love the most. We tend to take our loved ones for granted, get lazy in attentiveness, and bad habits are hard to break.

All relationships need nourishment and anyone as dear as our marriage partner deserves our very best. You are so right...it's easy not to put forth effort, but the consequences are heartbreaking. Keep on keeping on the right track.

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum