Excessive Exercise

Go down

Excessive Exercise

Post  John on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:36 am

My wife is a beautiful woman. However, she has become obsessed with looking like a super model. She is constantly at the gym, and eating like a bird. She complains of being tired all the time, and we have less fun than we used to. If we have plans to go out with friends, she will starve herself all day to fit in to some crazy little outfit. Then, if she has a drink, it goes right to her head. I'm tired of fighting about it, and I want her to know she is fine the way she is. I don't even like hanging out with her anymore. She's become a nightmare! Now she is trying to make me work out like crazy, and try all the insane diets!

John

Back to top Go down

say no

Post  janie on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:01 pm

I sure hope you know how to say no when your wife tries to pull you into her neurosis. Even if you can't make her see the light, you can at least let her know by your life style choices that you know the difference between normal and unnormal.

janie

Back to top Go down

It's not good for the body

Post  Laney on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:11 am

I used to act a lot like your wife. I was obsessed with looking like the woman I saw in magazines. It's impossible, and it's caller "airbrushing." After living like that for so long, my body started to fall apart. I was loosing muscle mass, and chronically ill. I was always tired, and my hair started to fall out. I definitely didn't look like those girls in the magazines at all. I developed a serious eating disorder, and it wasn't until I got help that I was able to get it under control. Seriously try and talk to her. Get some information from a doctor, or even try googling some information. She is going down a dangerous road fast!

Laney

Back to top Go down

please don't ignore the signs

Post  Kate on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:01 pm

What you have described is classic eating disorder. I'd bet she's been purging too. A good doctor could spot the signs of this and so could a dentist. When she has a check up with a doctor or dentist tell them in advance and ask them to be straight with her about it. She needs help.
I used to do the same thing until my family finally insisted that I get inpatient treatment. It saved my life.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Re: Excessive Exercise

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down