MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uptight wife

Go down

uptight wife Empty uptight wife

Post  Lanny Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:34 pm

To say my wife is uptight is an understatement. She worries about the smallest things and stays tense a whole lot. Any task is a major production because she can dream up all sorts of ways that it will be a disaster. I've told her a hundred times just to go with the flow, but whenever I do it turns into an argument with her accusing me of not understanding. She's wearning me out. I like being social, but she can be so tense that we don't go out with other couples as often as we used to.
I need to know what to do so she won't be so rigid and uptight.

Lanny

Back to top Go down

uptight wife Empty uptight wife

Post  kenny d. Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:21 pm

I've read that a greater percentage of women than men suffer from GAD (generalized anxiety disorder). There are medications that really help with this. suggest you take your wife to a psychiatrist to properly diagnose. I've taken medication for my depression/anxiety for 10 years and I am like a new person. Good Luck!

kenny d.

Back to top Go down

uptight wife Empty Seek Help.

Post  Pam Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:19 pm

I, too, finally realized that my anxiety was out of control. It interrupted my daily life, and I was miserable. After seeking help, I am doing much better. I suggest she do the same. It was very difficult for me to finally admit I needed help, but I am so glad that I did.

Pam

Back to top Go down

uptight wife Empty Life is short...

Post  anniewoo Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:20 pm

There are so many things that could be wrong if your wife has a physical problem. A good checkup by a reputable doctor is great advice.

As an A-type personality, I was driven to keep my house spotless after my husband and I married. Thirty something years later, I look back and wish that I had spent less time keeping things in their place and allowed a little dust to settle. Life is short and people are much more important than things. Very Happy

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

uptight wife Empty Re: uptight wife

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down