My wife is throwing me under the bus

Go down

My wife is throwing me under the bus

Post  SSS on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:23 pm

I am separated from my wife and it looks like we will divorce. I haven't been a perfect husband, but my flaws are relatively minor compared to what I've heard from others. My wife had a four month affair that led her to decide she wanted a new kind of man to be with. Here is my problem. She is now telling many people that the reason we are divorcing is my anger. Apparently everyone who knows about our split has heard this. I could damage her a lot by telling all the problems she has contributed but I just don't feel right about doing that. I need to get her to call a truce and just keep her nasty comments to herself. But how?

SSS

Back to top Go down

Tough One

Post  Sam on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:33 pm

That's a rough situation. I recently went through a divorce and it's painful enough without the rumous and small talk between friends and family. My advice to you is- be the bigger person. You know the truth and anyone you truly knows you will know your character and whether your anger really got you to this point. She will get what is coming to her in one way or another. It's tough and humbling- but try to be the bigger person on this.
Good Luck and it WILL get easier.
-Sam

Sam

Back to top Go down

I agree

Post  SSL on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:07 pm

I agree with Sam. Be the bigger person. The truth has a way of coming to the surface.
BUT, if someone asks you point blank about your ex, I don't think you have to go way out of your way to protect her.

SSL

Back to top Go down

tell the truth

Post  Roger on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm

I don't think you should be so fluffy that you let her stretch the truth about you while she goes her merry way. Where I come from we call that getting kicked in the shorts. Let your friends know the truth. You don't have to call her names (although I wouldn't blame you) and you don't have to sound like the bitter ex. Just say what is. You only have one reputation and I wouldn't let her destroy it.

Roger

Back to top Go down

Re: My wife is throwing me under the bus

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down