MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My wife's old flame

Go down

My wife's old flame Empty My wife's old flame

Post  Steve Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:26 pm

My wife of 13 years went to a high school reunion and met up with her old flame. For the last several months they have been in communication. She point blank told me that he was the love of her life and that the only reason they didn't marry years ago was that he moved out of state. Now she wants to pursue the possibility of reconnecting with him. He still lives out of state. He has kids and so do we, and the whole idea would be disasterous. I can't forbid her from contacting with her. I don't want to be heavy handed and I don't want to be loose. We have had our problems over the years, but I never thought our marriage was that bad.
I just don't know how far I should push the issue of my anger.

Steve

Back to top Go down

My wife's old flame Empty be open

Post  Randy Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:06 pm

I don't think you can afford to be heavy handed with her and forbid her from contacting the guy because it would only encourage her to become even more sneaky. But you can't afford to say nothing. She must have some unhappiness that is causing her to fantasize about this guy. I'd insist on counseling and see if you could get to the real issues.

Randy

Back to top Go down

My wife's old flame Empty ????

Post  Cindy Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:56 pm

"pursue the possibility of reconnecting?" What the heck?????? Possibilities with anyone else ended a long time ago when you guys got married! The audacity to even say something like that when you guys and he, as well, already have families. I would not be able to control my anger at this point.

Cindy

Back to top Go down

My wife's old flame Empty Re: My wife's old flame

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum