MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my husband isn't the same

Go down

my husband isn't the same Empty my husband isn't the same

Post  FFD Fri May 01, 2009 6:07 pm

My husband has always worked around cars, so you can imagine that with the economy he isn't doing very well. I have a job and it barely keeps the bills paid but at least we haven't missed any meals and we are holding onto our house.
My husband is really depressed and won't come out of the bedroom. He just sits and stares at the TV. Nothing I can say will put him in a good mood. I'm worried because this is not like him. He won't go to a doctor or a counseler because he says we can't afford it. Friends have invited us to come over but he says he doesn't want to go because he doesn't want to answer any questions about his lack of a job. I just need to know how to get him out of his funk.

FFD

Back to top Go down

my husband isn't the same Empty Try public health program...

Post  anniewoo Sat May 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Have you looked into the public health programs? They may provide counseling and prescriptions for your husband? It is worth a try.

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

my husband isn't the same Empty I understand where he is

Post  Drew Sun May 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Maybe him being depressed isn't the worst thing. I mean, I'd be depressed too if I lost all that I've built toward in my career. When you meet someone for the first time, what's one of the first questions they ask? What do you do? When that is taken away from you, you feel less than your normal self. Rather than trying to talk him out of a normal reaction, I think he'd be lucky if his wife said that she loves him and accepts him even as she wishes for the best.

Drew

Back to top Go down

my husband isn't the same Empty Re: my husband isn't the same

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down