MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anger won't go away

Go down

Anger won't go away Empty Anger won't go away

Post  Drew Sat May 02, 2009 11:05 am

When I was a teenager I had some major anger issues but once I got married I realized that anger wasn't going to be a good thing. I've worked real hard to keep it under control. There is one issue though that keeps popping in our marriage that pushes me to the edge. My wife can't contol her spending. We have enojugh money for some extras but we can't live like rich people. Almost every month when I open the credit card statement, I find several hundred dollars of charges that are unnecessary. When I talk to my wife about it she pretty much says the same thing over and over, that she'll do better. But she never does. I've blown my cool several times, and that only makes things worse. I have really lost it a couple of times. I try to tell myself to worry less about this, but she's going to ruin us financially. Now she's talkng about quitting her job and having a baby, but I can't imagine how much of a hole we would be in without her income. Just thinking about it makes me boil.

Drew

Back to top Go down

Anger won't go away Empty wife is out of control

Post  kbk Sun May 24, 2009 9:37 am

It sounds like you need to take the credit cards away from your wife or simply cancel them. It sounds like she has a shopping addiction. Addiction is a disease that manifests itself as one acting selfish and not caring how the rest of the world cares or is affected by their actions. Your wife then proposing that she quits her job is just more fuel on the fire. Perhaps you can both can get help at AA and Al-Anon?

kbk

Back to top Go down

Anger won't go away Empty talk is cheap

Post  ken Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:39 am

You can talk with her or yell at her all you want, but I agree that some form of action needs to be taken. I'd take the scissors to the credit cards, politely of course.

ken

Back to top Go down

Anger won't go away Empty Re: Anger won't go away

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down