MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my wife's dogs

Go down

my wife's dogs Empty my wife's dogs

Post  Peter Fri May 01, 2009 10:25 pm

I am amazed at how obssessed my wife is with her two labs. They are nice dogs, but literally her world revolves around them. She sleeps in a separate bedroom from me because I told her that our bed is not big enough for two people plus two large dogs. I came in second place. We have various opportunities to go on weekend trips and nice vacations, but she won't leave the dogs with anyone (certainly not a kennel) because no one would care properly for them. She dotes all over them but does not like sex with me. She has told me that if marriage didn't include sex that would be fine with her. We've been married less than five years but it is now apparant to me that I will never be on the same level of importance to her than those dogs. I want them gone, but obviously I could never say them because I would be the one who gets tossed.

Peter

Back to top Go down

my wife's dogs Empty the dogs

Post  snoop do Fri May 01, 2009 11:01 pm

my former wife was the same way with our two cocker spaniels and it drove me crazy. obviously there is some void in the relationship and (maybe) your wife overcompensates for her lack of feeling unequivocal love, as i surmised from my situation. eventually i withdrew from the relationship and the marriage ended shortly thereafter. i just couldn't fix the problem and she never did think there was one.

snoop do

Back to top Go down

my wife's dogs Empty dogs are simple

Post  JJ Sat May 02, 2009 4:42 pm

This one is easy to figure out. Once a dog is fed and left alone he's happy. He doesn't ask the wife for sex. He doesn't make comments about your mother. He lets you watch what ever show you want on TV. He won't help you clean the kitchen, but he'll lick your plate if you let him. He never talks back when you make no sense or when you are hormonal. He sits and grins every time you walk into the room. He doesn't use up the hot water in the shower. He doesn't even know who his relatives are, so you don't have to worry about them on holidays. When you spend too much money he couldn't care less. When you whine, he'll just go to sleep and be perfectly content. When you gripe at him he'll just go to another room and leave you alone, or if you look at him right, he'll lay next to you and lick you.
Most of all you don't have to be a deep communicator with the dog. Just saying "Good boy" is enough.
A husband can't compare. He actually has needs and emotions and opinions and perceptions and priorities and preferences.

JJ

Back to top Go down

my wife's dogs Empty hidden anger

Post  bbb Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Sounds to me like you are married to a passive aggressive lady. She clearly is sending you a message that she is not into your marriage, yet she is hiding behind the dogs to do so. The problem is her fear of intimacy and unwillingness to communicate clearly.

bbb

Back to top Go down

my wife's dogs Empty Re: my wife's dogs

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum