MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fiance won't talk

Go down

fiance won't talk Empty fiance won't talk

Post  nina Sun May 31, 2009 9:21 pm

My fiance has been divorced twice, but he won't talk about either of his previous marriages. He says what is done is done and there is no use in rehashing old news. To a certain degree, I understand his logic, but we are all a product of our past experiences and I feel we shouldn't be ashamed to talk about it, especially to the one you are going to marry. He says that when I ask about his past I am just looking for gossip, but I say I'm just wanting to know him more fully.
I'd like to know if I am out of line.

nina

Back to top Go down

fiance won't talk Empty Your Will or God's Will?

Post  GODIS#1 Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:21 am

Nina,

Please be careful that you are not following your own will in this journey. It is highly unlikely that someone two times divorced and is retaining "secrets" is God sent. It is understood that you desire deeply to get married, but marrying the wrong person, even if it feels right may render you number 3 in his line of failures.

Pray for the suppression of your will and make God #1 in your life. He will send you a gift in His time if that is what He wants for your life. If you don't care about God's position on this or anyone else's but your own, be prepared to potentially be cheated, a counterfeit bill is worthless and our own wisdom devoid of God is a mist. Glory to almighty God who knows your heart, mind and deepest needs. Trust Him for the care of your beautiful life.

GODIS#1

GODIS#1

Back to top Go down