MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my anxiety issues

Go down

my anxiety issues Empty my anxiety issues

Post  Lauren Tue May 05, 2009 9:32 pm

I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and I am handling it reasonably well with medicine, although I tend to come across as shy in public and I can obsess about small things. My husband says he fully understands and that it's not an issue to him, but every time we socialize I notice how much more composed other women are and I wonder if he would rather be with one of them, not me. I can't get it out of my head that I am holding him back. He is patient and assures me that we're good, but I can never get comfortable. I feel he deserves better even though he says I'm just right for him.

Lauren

Back to top Go down

my anxiety issues Empty your anxiety

Post  hugh Wed May 06, 2009 9:11 am

i would take your husband at his word and not fret about other women seeming more composed. you don't need to compare yourself to others, obviously your husband saw something in you that he wanted to marry you. go with the flow!

hugh

Back to top Go down

my anxiety issues Empty talk to him

Post  janine Mon May 18, 2009 9:27 pm

From what you described, your husband sounds like the kind of man who would talk things out with you. So don't just silently assume his thoughts. Talk with him about your feelings, even if you need to work with a counselor to get it all out. Then watch to see if his actions match his words. That is the best you can do.
The rest of the story is up to you. You can't get all your self esteem from him. Learn to believe in who you are.

janine

Back to top Go down

my anxiety issues Empty been there

Post  bbb Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:56 pm

I've also worried that I'm not outgoing enough until my counselor pointed out to me that not everyone wants to be tied to the ultimate extrovert. Variety is the spice of life and that includes personality types too. Embrace who you are as opposed to assuming you are supposed to be someone you are not.

bbb

Back to top Go down

my anxiety issues Empty Re: my anxiety issues

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down