MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my wife's weight issues

Go down

my wife's weight issues Empty my wife's weight issues

Post  Thad Fri May 01, 2009 5:58 pm

In the last year, my wife decided to use a trainer and get on a good diet. It has been like a religion to her. To her credit, she has lost over 50 pounds, but if anything she has overdone a good thing. Now I barely see her eat anything. When my kids and I eat meals, she putters around the kitchen and says she's not hungry or that she'll get something later. She is so obsessed with her body image that I'm worried that she could have an eating disorder or be anorexic.
I don't want our teenaged daughter to go down the path of extremism but I fear she is also picking up on her mother's obsession with her body.

Thad

Back to top Go down

my wife's weight issues Empty your wife's ex weight problem

Post  tom Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 pm

i agree she may be setting a bad example to your daughter. i would sit down with your daughter and explain how people can tend to overcompensate on a "good thing" and that just becaue mom does it, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

tom

Back to top Go down

my wife's weight issues Empty same issue in my family

Post  jag Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:26 pm

My sister had a similar situation and her husband was very diplomatic in discussing good eating habits and self-discipline with their kids. You have to be both open and gentle.

jag

Back to top Go down

my wife's weight issues Empty Re: my wife's weight issues

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down