MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

money issues

Go down

money issues Empty money issues

Post  Barbara Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 pm

My husband's big issue is money. He makes good money and we have never been without. Every Monday he gives me just enough cash to cover the groceries and "play money" which includes things like make-up, cleaning supplies, gas, and so forth. If he thinks I waste money on something he deducts that amount from the next week's cash. I have no idea how much money he makes. I have no idea what we have in investments. He won't let me have a credit card. I do know that our house, our lake house, our cars are all paid for, so we're not hurting at all. I want to be treated like an adult but he says he'll talk about money on a need to know basis. I have not held a job in fifteen years and wouldn't be able to make much but if a friend helps me find a decent job I'm jumping all over it.

Barbara

Back to top Go down

money issues Empty money issues

Post  john Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:01 pm

why don't you help yourself get a job so you have your own money and don't have to be controlled by your husband? although, i also believe that he should be much more forthcoming about the marital finances. he probably feels that since he supports you, and i'm assuming you're not going without, that you owe him something or more likely that he owns you (on some sick subliminal level).

john

Back to top Go down

money issues Empty Women! WAKE UP!

Post  anniewoo Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:35 pm

Wow! I am curious to know if he controls everything in your lives...money is not the real problem! One HUGE mistake that many women make is they have no earthly idea what their financial situation is or even if their name is on accounts. This should be one of those lightbulb moments for you! I don't see a man who is is committed to you unless you meet his specifications...communication, honey!!

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

money issues Empty frogs

Post  eric Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:48 pm

What's that illustration about the frog sitting in the water that is only moderately warm and stays in it until he get boiled?

eric

Back to top Go down

money issues Empty Re: money issues

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down