MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in recovery

Go down

in recovery Empty in recovery

Post  gem Fri May 01, 2009 8:53 am

I am in recovery for about one year. Are there others who are in recovery or feel they may have a problem w/ alcohol or drugs? Would love to know you.

gem

Back to top Go down

in recovery Empty i am in recovery too

Post  richard Sun May 03, 2009 3:49 pm

i have been going to AA for about two years and it has been a wonderful experience for me. i have abused alcohol and various other drugs for the majority of my teen/adult life. i have nowhere else to turn to arrest this disease.

tell me more about yourself....

richard

richard

Back to top Go down

in recovery Empty me too

Post  sheila Sun May 03, 2009 5:06 pm

I have been in recovery three years. Before going to rehab, I almost lost my family and several of my friends abandoned me because I was so resistant to love.
I have struggled with guilt over what I put my husband, sons, and friends through, but my AA group helped me realize that even my worst experiences are part of who I am. And right now I am at the best place I've been in decades. I wouldn't be where I am if I hadn't had those crashes. It's a strange concept to embrace, but its true. I still regret that I let key people down, but my regret pushes me to be a consistently better person.

sheila

Back to top Go down

in recovery Empty hello

Post  gem Sun May 31, 2009 12:48 pm

I guess I'm back. I've been in recovery for about one yr. and 4 mos. I've actually been in the AA group that I go to since approx. aug., 2004. I was prompted to go to my first meeting by my husband when we were seeing a marriage counselor. My husband took me to my first meetin, holding my hand and sitting next to me, for I would have surely run if he hadn,t been ther w/ me. I struggled for a long time, not thinking I was an alcoholic, only a drug addict. My drugs of choice wer prescription pain killers, muscle relaxers and the occasional rx cough med. Since then I.ve come a long way, having gon thru several treatment centers therapists, psychiatrists, etc. and finally AA. this AA stuff has definately worked the best for me. My sobriety date is Feb. 1, 2008. So, w/that I,ll close, and hope to hear more from you, Richard. bye

gem

Back to top Go down

in recovery Empty Re: in recovery

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum