MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Till Death do Us Part

Go down

Till Death do Us Part Empty Till Death do Us Part

Post  Jen Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:51 pm

I know I said it at my wedding but at what point is it okay to consider ending a marriage. Cheating, Abuse, Neglect??? It just seems like "till death do us part" would be in an ideal world and reality is that 1/2 of the marriages out there end in divorce. What's the deal?

Jen

Back to top Go down

Till Death do Us Part Empty I meant it

Post  Jessica Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:28 pm

When you said til death do us part, I'm hoping you meant that you would fulfill your vows always. But what if your husband said the same thing and didn't follow through. Does it make you a liar to say that the contract has been broached? Or are you merely stating the obvious by saying that a broken contract cannot continue?

Jessica

Back to top Go down

Till Death do Us Part Empty I know you are hurting...

Post  anniewoo Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Jen, I know you are hurting, because I can feel the pain in your short note! I'm sure you agree that the world would be better off if people were honest and trustworthy. When a person breaks a promise, it is only reasonable not to put much faith in him! In order to rebuild the relationship, both parties must be willing to admit faults, and, also, change what is ripping the bond apart.

If there is neglect or abuse, then the victim should take herself away from situation with the abuser and seek counsel with someone you mutually agree upon. My advice: don't go back until a professional counselor has told you that the time is right. You must be tough! If cheating is repetitive and your husband's where-abouts is questionable, then I can understand your need to get out of this "contract".

To those men and women who have not married yet, please choose your mate wisely. "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

Till Death do Us Part Empty Re: Till Death do Us Part

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down