MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still mourning

Go down

Still mourning Empty Still mourning

Post  Andrea Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 am

My husband passed away 16 months ago. We had been married 4 years and our son is now 3 years old. I am having a really hard time getting back on my feet. For a long time, everyone around me said it would take time, but things are not looking up for me. I still have not gone back to work, I don't trust leaving my son with anyone, my house is a mess, my finances are tight and I my spirits are low. I am in constantly wondering why this happened to me? I know I need to pick up the pieces of my life but I feel like I can't move forward. Who is going to ever love me like my husband did, who will ever treat my son like their own, how will I ever make it on my own if I don't ever marry again?

Andrea

Back to top Go down

Still mourning Empty don't quit

Post  Gayla Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:58 pm

I know it sounds corny to say this but you have to learn to live one day at a time. You can't borrow problems from your future because that is out of your control. Make it your goal to have a positive day today.
God bless you.

Gayla

Back to top Go down

Still mourning Empty There is hope

Post  Mary P. Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:32 pm

My sister lost her husband of 7 years. She has two children, and never thought she would move forward. However, with a loving family and her two beautiful children, she found hope. It takes everyone time to heal in their own time. After two years of healing and concentrating on getting her life together she met someone very special. They are getting married in the fall. Hang in there!

Mary P.

Back to top Go down

Still mourning Empty one day at a time

Post  Gina Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 pm

I know it sounds trite to use the old prase but you have to take it one day at a time. The fact that you reached out on this web site says you know you need to move forward. You will need to envision what a more normal way of life will look like for you...job, social life, hobbies, etc. Putting one foot in front of the other you'll need to do what can be done even if it doesn't feel natural.
I'm much older, but I lost my husband of 37 years two years ago. I still don't feel like a single person, but I finally forced myself to move forward. I still feel married but the reality is that I'm not. My goal is to love other women who are in a similar perdicament as me. If I can feel useful that way it helps me heal.

Gina

Back to top Go down

Still mourning Empty "I can do all things..."

Post  anniewoo Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:31 am

My heart goes out to you! At this point, I'd like to suggest to you that you probably need professional help to heal your wounds. A counselor to help you sort through your grief and a good doctor who will test you for a chemical imbalance that could be altering your ability to stand on your own two feet. Reach out to friends and family for social activity and devote your life and your child's life toward spiritual growth. Your child's outlook on life depends on your attitude and actions. "I can do all things through Jesus who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 YOU CAN DO IT!

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

Still mourning Empty Re: Still mourning

Post  serena07 Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:12 am

Andrea, I m so sorry for heard about your loss and I know was so hard time for you. Live without life partner is so tough. I understand your feelings. I lost my uncle 3years ago and it was also bad time for me. You need support and you can go to grief counseling group for deal with your grief. I hope some messages of sympathy give you some relief.

serena07

Back to top Go down

Still mourning Empty Re: Still mourning

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum