MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my wife is a walking pharmacy

Go down

my wife is a walking pharmacy Empty my wife is a walking pharmacy

Post  jj Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 am

every day i ask my wife of eight years how she's doing. and every day it is the same - " i don't feel good." when i ask what's wrong she always says something is physically wrong with her. she's been to many many dr's and they never find anything wrong with her. our bathroom closet is like a pharmacy, with literally hundreds of old prescription medications and over the counter drug remedies. she keeps xanax in her purse. i've been told that a person should be on xanax no more than four months. she's been on it from before we were married. i love the woman but cannot take it anymore. what should i do?

jj

Back to top Go down

my wife is a walking pharmacy Empty get her help

Post  Chuck Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:55 am

She's probably a hypochondriac who lives for her ailments. They define her. It's probably a long shot, but I'd contact the doctors who are supplying her with the drugs, especially the ones that are most easily abused, and let them in on her secret.

Chuck

Back to top Go down

my wife is a walking pharmacy Empty get her help

Post  jj Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:01 pm

I've done that - to no avail. She just finds another dr. to prescribe her stuff. The [new] dr.'s prescribe her more drugs. The [new] psychiatrists keep prescribing the xanax. I'm really at my wits end. I think she loves her drugs more than she loves me. Ah ha! She's a drug addict! She won't get the necessary right help. Unfortunately, I'm thinking of divorce to save myself. pale

jj

Back to top Go down

my wife is a walking pharmacy Empty Before you give up...

Post  anniewoo Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Although your wife has been to many doctors, she could have a hormonal problem that the average "practicing" physician cannot find. I, too, have suffered from an "unknown" illness for years and have been to every kind of doctor imagineable. Two months ago, I decided to go to a doctor who is a maverick in the field of bio-identical hormones. His tests validated every feeling I have had for years...I was diagnosed with very little progesterone and estrogen. Other doctors have told me that I was suffering from countless illnesses including depression, fibromyalgia,migraines, chronic fatigue syndrome, tendenitus, etc. It is worth your time to investigate the field of bio-identical hormones on the WEB to perhaps find your wife has a real problem. Dr. Phil has a lot of info on his site that might be helpful and also Susanne Summers has written a lot of material on the subject. Don't give up!

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

my wife is a walking pharmacy Empty before you give up

Post  jj Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm

Thanks Annie. I will mention this to her and her dr.'s and let you know what happens. jj

jj

Back to top Go down

my wife is a walking pharmacy Empty Re: my wife is a walking pharmacy

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down