MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spending Money

Go down

Spending Money Empty Spending Money

Post  Trent Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 pm

I am going out of my mind. I make a pretty good living, but I can't keep up with my wife's spending habits. She is out of control. It doesn't matter how much I bring home every month. She will spend more than I put in the bank. She is constantly buying things she thinks we need. The entire house has a new theme every few months, and our kids are being spoiled. I don't want them to learn her horrible spending habits. Is there something out there to help her, or I, keep it under control? I don't understand the constant need for buying new things all the time. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Trent

Back to top Go down

Spending Money Empty Cut them up!

Post  Jim Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Your wife obviously doesn't respect your budget so you have no choice but to take away all her cards. Cut them up. Take her name off the accounts so she can't go to the bank. Give her an appropriate allowance every week. This economy is tough and it is not getting better anytime soon so take whatever measures you as the leader of that household needs.

Jim

Back to top Go down

Spending Money Empty boundaries

Post  Mary Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm not saying you are to blame for her spending because she has to take responsibility for her actions. But maybe you've been too much of a complainer and not enough of an enforcer. Let her know you mean business. Particularly in this economic climate I am less and less impressed by people who put their identities in stuff. Don't they see the shallowness of it all? They need to learn the word no.

Mary

Back to top Go down

Spending Money Empty Let her see it for herself

Post  Ron Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:05 am

I suggest sitting down with her, and showing her what her spending is doing to your bank account. Let her see the bills, and the effect that her spending is having on your budget. Maybe it will open her eyes a bit.

Ron

Back to top Go down

Spending Money Empty Re: Spending Money

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down