MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting my life back

Go down

getting my life back Empty getting my life back

Post  anon Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm

I got released from prison about two years ago and I'm engaged to a great woman who is willing to help me put my life back together. I had a history of drug abuse and it lead to robberies. I paid my price and while I was incarcerated I took life skills classes and even got 2 years of college credits. I've got a great job, thanks to a friend. My problem is that her parents don't want her to marry me due to my record. We're in our forties and we don't need their approval, but we'd like to know how to prodede.

anon

Back to top Go down

getting my life back Empty Is it God's Will?

Post  GODIS#1 Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:07 am

Anon,

It is natural that the world would be biased against you because of your past. It is understandable that many people, if not most are "risk adverse" and attempt to minimize it as much as possible. Even you probably do it in certain areas of your life. However, if God is for us, no power on this earth can be against us. Therefore, your duty is to assure that what you are doing is according to God's will (not your own or your potential spouse). If the two of you believe you are right in God's infinite wisdom, move forward. If you are not, you will both one day have to accept the consequences of your mistake.

Rejoice in your prison experience. Although no one wants to go to prison, many of the early christians did and many people do today. If you know you were wrong, paid the social price and have been forgiven by God, never let your past diminish your self esteem. Some people will always try to put you down, pray for them and thank Almighty God, that He had mercy on your soul and wishes great satisfaction from the gift he may have given you in your potential spouse. If you are not living right (living with each other, having pre-marital sex or in any other ways are violated God's requirements for sanctity) correct it immediately and move toward making GOD #1 in your life and surrendering the glorify of your testimony to HIM for the righteousness and salvation of other men.

GODIS#1

GODIS#1

Back to top Go down