MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my wife's accusations

Go down

my wife's accusations Empty my wife''s accusations

Post  Jack Mon May 18, 2009 5:29 pm

My wife is insanely jealous. If I so much as talk to a woman in public she assumes I am having an affair or thinking about it. I try to keep a clean cut life. I don't hang out in bars. I am not a flirt (although she accuses me of being one). I am good with our kids. I go to church. But nothing convinces her that I don't have my eye on women.
She tends to be high maintainance in lots of areas, but this is too much. I've tried to explain my loyalty to her but it only starts an argument. I never have had an affair and don't want to. I just want to stop being accused of it.

Jack

Back to top Go down

my wife's accusations Empty trust

Post  gem Tue May 26, 2009 6:55 am

I've been told that there are really only two emotions:love or anger. All other eotions or feelings pretty much stem from that. It's possible that your wife has unresolved anger over something other than you flirting or even thinking about having an affair. Let alone actually having one. Jealousy is that green headed dragon that slips in when all of our other anger issues tend to come to a head. Hmmmmmmmm.

gem

Back to top Go down

my wife's accusations Empty other emotions

Post  emma Tue May 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Yes the wife has anger issues, but it seems to me that her anger and jealousy indicate just how fearful she is. She doesn't trust because she is afraid to. Did she have traumas in her past? Has someone jilted her and left her hanging? This is definitely more that just a marriage problem. She could use some therapy, if she's willing to stop blaming and is willing to look at what is driving her.

emma

Back to top Go down

my wife's accusations Empty love vs. fear

Post  gem Wed May 27, 2009 6:39 pm

That is right. The therapist I was speaking of told me that the tow emotions were love and fear. Not love and anger as I said before. And when she told me that it made alot of sense. Does anyone else agree w/ this theory? Like a Star @ heaven Idea

gem

Back to top Go down

my wife's accusations Empty fear is her issue

Post  jag Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Definitely your wife has trust issues, and I'll bet this started before you came into her life, especially if you are the good guy that you say you are. Fear is at the base of non-trust. I's strongly suggest that you not go too far in defending yourself. Tell her the answer to her question, but then let your life be your best response. It's your job to love her, it's her job to manage her own emotions.

jag

Back to top Go down

my wife's accusations Empty Re: my wife's accusations

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum