MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when is divorce ok?

Go down

when is divorce ok? Empty when is divorce ok?

Post  Rob Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 pm

I was always taught that you can't get a divorce unless your spouse commits adultery. I am married to the meanest, coldest woman on the planet who thinks it is her job to force me to fit her tight mold. She is critical and angry and has no concept of love. My family can't stand her and my friends won't invite us out because no one wants her around. I can't imagine what I saw in her when we were dating and I can't imagine spending 50 more years with this witch. When is it okay to say that enough is enough?

Rob

Back to top Go down

when is divorce ok? Empty When all else fails

Post  Crystal Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Divorce is a hard decision to make. I have been through one, and for similar reasons. I found that if you both can honestly say that you have tried everything and still cannot make it work, then divorce might be the right choice. If communication about your feelings isn't working, you cannot find a compromise, and counseling has not worked it might be time to go your separate ways. For better or worse is one of marriages vows, but if you are absolutely miserable, and have tried everything, consider it without guilt.

Crystal

Back to top Go down