MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my husband's anger

Go down

my husband's anger Empty my husband's anger

Post  Kendra Sun May 03, 2009 5:25 pm

I have attempted many times to talk with my husband about his anger. One false move by one of the kids and he is screaming at them. They dread him coming home because they know that he is so critical. My question is to know how much I should say to the kids to let them know I agree with THEM. I don't want to undermind his authority but I want them to know that I see what they see and I think they have a legitimate complaint.

Kendra

Back to top Go down

my husband's anger Empty your husband's anger

Post  glenn Wed May 06, 2009 2:58 pm

i don't think it's wrong for you to let your kids know when you disagree with their dad. as long as you do it in a positive and constructive manner, they will learn to form their own opinions and be independent in thought. there is nothing wrong with the emotion of anger, it's how we express it to others.

glenn

Back to top Go down

my husband's anger Empty what they already see

Post  Halley Wed May 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Think of it this way. Let's suppose they see their dad rage constantly and you never say anything to them about it. You would have no credibility because they would see you in collusion with him or that you are totally helpless. They need to hear from you so they can believe it is ok to develop their separate thoughts. You would then be a model to them, not an enabler.

Halley

Back to top Go down

my husband's anger Empty Re: my husband's anger

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down