MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

He feels his conversations with the ex are harmless

Go down

He feels his conversations with the ex are harmless Empty He feels his conversations with the ex are harmless

Post  Marriage Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:35 am

Bob and Jane had each been divorced before marrying one another. They were now four years and one new child into their marriage. As far as Jane knew, they had a good relationship, not perfect, but satisfactory. One thing she did not know…Bob received phone calls regularly (about once or twice a month) from his ex-wife. They had no kids together and no business to conduct. She just called to talk with him about whatever was on her mind. She had returned to her party girl ways, and usually had a boyfriend problem to pose to Bob, and he willingly talked with her about whatever was on her mind. Of course, the ex never called in the evenings at their home, only when he was away from his new wife. Bob says he doesn’t feel the need to discuss this matter with Jane because it would create unnecessary problems of jealousy and Jane was a naturally insecure person. He feels his conversations with the ex are harmless.

How Would You Respond?

Marriage

Back to top Go down

He feels his conversations with the ex are harmless Empty He needs to be careful

Post  Amy Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:02 pm

I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was this guy's wife. Sounds like the first wife likes to flirt and the husband isn't giving her much resistance. The fact that they are conversing behind his back says they each know there is a boundary being crossed. I'd ask the husband to please pull back from these conversations. His loyalties need to be with the new wife.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum