MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well you shouldn't have messed up!

Go down

Well you shouldn't have messed up! Empty Well you shouldn't have messed up!

Post  Karla Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:28 pm

My husband cheated on me about a year ago. It's been a really hard year trying to get over this hurtful even and trying to rebuild our marriage. I know that I scrutinize everything he does now, more so than ever, but I still don't trust him yet. Before I wouldn't think anything of it if he ran to Walmart and was gone for an hour but now I never know if he is going to see HER? He assures me nothing is going on and then gets frustrated with my jealousy. I'm sorry but you shouldn't have messed up in the first place- don't get mad at me at your mistake and how I am dealing with it! When will things go back to normal?

Karla

Back to top Go down

Well you shouldn't have messed up! Empty I have been there

Post  Ditto Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 am

My husband cheated on me about five years into our marriage. I was devastated. It took a very long time for us to get back on track. The only thing I can tell you is to hold onto hope with both hands. After the affair, my husband and I made a point to really communicate, and made it possible for the other one discuss their issues without fear. We worked through a lot, and now we are stronger than ever. If your husband is willing to put in the effort to fix his wrong and work on rebuilding the trust, it will return. Marriage counseling was a huge help! Creating a neutral zone for communicating was perfect.

Ditto

Back to top Go down

Well you shouldn't have messed up! Empty It takes lots of time

Post  Tammy Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Part of the risk of staying with a man who has cheated is not knowing what he might do next. He lied before so why wouldn't he lie again. It is his job to stay as accountable as possible for as long as necessary, years even. The more he protests that your need for accountability is too much, the more is says that he feels the need to continue keeping secrets.
I also agree that in a case like this it is imperative that you get ongoing counseling. Hearing from a professional that your feelings are legit can help.

Tammy

Back to top Go down

Well you shouldn't have messed up! Empty you are normal

Post  Leana Tue May 05, 2009 9:38 pm

I never had this happen in my marriage but I know people who have had to deal with the same thing, I can only imagine how hard it would be to watch him walk out the back door and wonder if he is really doing what he says he is doing. When trust is violated, it takes a long long time to rebuild it.
I wonder if Hillary fully trusts Bill yet. He sure has a lot of time away from her. Would you trust him?

Leana

Back to top Go down

Well you shouldn't have messed up! Empty Re: Well you shouldn't have messed up!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum