MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Date Night

Go down

Date Night Empty Date Night

Post  Rose Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:07 pm

I know marriages are rough...I have been through all the ups and downs I think exist. But somehow my husband and I are still married after 14 years. One thing that works for us and I would recommend all couples is make a night for yourselves with no interruptions. I know it is hard with kids, work, school, activities, cleaning, cooking etc. There will never be a perfect moment where everything is done so MAKE the time. We couldn't do once a week...some couples can. We chose the last Friday of every month so we knew what kind of budget we had and would catch the comedy show or dinner or a movie or just talk a walk at the lake. Whatever it was we made sure to block out all of our current stresses and enjoy each other's company. Life can be tough and stressful but this is one recommendation I make to anyone that wants to keep the spark alive!

Rose

Back to top Go down

Date Night Empty marriage is central

Post  Jim Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 am

My opinion is that families can become so child centered that the marriage it put on the back burner. Obviously young kids need plenty of attention, but they also need to see that Mom and Dad love each other. If parents don't have time for dates or just communication at home the kids lose.

Jim

Back to top Go down

Date Night Empty balance

Post  Tara Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 pm

I think you're right. It's so easy to find excuses once you have been married for a few years to spend time with someone other than your partner. You need to take time to remind each other that you love each other and that you want to be together. It's called commitment.

Tara

Back to top Go down

Date Night Empty Sounds great!

Post  anniewoo Sun May 03, 2009 2:09 pm

A date night us a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

anniewoo

Back to top Go down

Date Night Empty Re: Date Night

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum