MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My husband's depression is making me depressed.

Go down

My husband's depression is making me depressed. Empty My husband's depression is making me depressed.

Post  Anna Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:01 pm

I've been married to a wonderful man for three and half years. However, over the last year he has become very depressed. He lost a parent, and his extremely depressed about money. The economy has made a huge impact on our income. I've tried convincing him to seek help, but he thinks he can get through it himself. However, he is not getting better. He has become distant, and we never do things together anymore. I am trying to stay positive, but I am starting to become depressed myself. I am lonely and sad. I want us to be back to where we were a year ago. I don't know what to do about my marriage, or what to do about my husband.

Anna

Back to top Go down

My husband's depression is making me depressed. Empty My husband's depression is making me depressed.

Post  don g. Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:57 pm

There are many effective medications to treat this disease (yes it is a disease!). Try to convince him to see a psychiatrist, he will feel like a new person and so will you! Best of luck!

don g.

Back to top Go down

My husband's depression is making me depressed. Empty Help for you both

Post  Roxie Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:00 am

Your husband definitely needs to get some help. It is also a good idea to get as much information for yourself as well. The more knowledge you have about depression, the better understanding you will have. It will help both you and your husband if you have all the information to help him.

Roxie

Back to top Go down

My husband's depression is making me depressed. Empty Re: My husband's depression is making me depressed.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum