alienation from my daughter

Go down

alienation from my daughter

Post  A Man on Mon May 04, 2009 4:36 pm

I have a 17 year old daughter who won't talk with me. Before her mother and I divorced, I'd say we had a better than average relationship. We communicated and connected on many fronts. Now her mother has made it her mission in life to get our daughter to hate me as much as she does. She is a very vindictive woman and has put lots of poison into my daughter's mind. I wasn't an awful husband but I admit that we weren't a good match either. But its not like I abused her or had affairs or anything drastic. We just didn't match. If she had legitimate reasons for trying to destroy me that would be one thing, but this is ridiculous. It creates a great deal of bitterness in me.
I just recently learned about Parental Alienation Syndrome and it helps to know there is a title for something like this, but it still doesn't make my problem go away. People tell me to be patient and to let my daughter figure it out for herself, but I seriously wonder if that will ever happen. It eats away at my inside.

A Man

Back to top Go down

stay strong

Post  Stan on Fri May 08, 2009 6:58 pm

PAS is rotten and selfish, but there is little you can do to make it go away.
No one, however, can take away your integrity.

Stan

Back to top Go down

stay steady

Post  bc on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:24 pm

This may be one of those cases where you just have to keep putting out the invitations on holidays, birthdays, etc. for as long as it takes. My brother has the same situation and he's been steady for years. I don't know how you do it, but just be a good man. You have a right to feel hurt but please don't let a selfish woman steal your entire happiness.

bc

Back to top Go down

Re: alienation from my daughter

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down