MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my stepkids

Go down

my stepkids Empty my stepkids

Post  junior Sat May 02, 2009 10:19 pm

I have been remarried for two years and if it weren't for my wife's kids (11, 9, 4) we'd probably have a good marriage. But I strongly disagree with her parenting style. She is extremely lax and inconsistent and as a result, the insane are running the assylum. She won't follow through on discipline. She has poor boundaries, meaning there is no bedtime, homework is not done, the kids do nothing to help with chores, and the house is junky. I have tried to talk about this with her as rationally as possible, but she just says I don't understand children and that my expectations are not reasonable. Is it unreasonable to ask for a little order? My problem is that since I am the stepdad, all decisions about the kids are run through her, and she doesn't exactly have a great track record of teaching these kids to be responsible or respectful.

junior

Back to top Go down

my stepkids Empty patients running the insane asylum

Post  kbk Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 am

children need structure and a lot of discipline. it sounds like you need to take the bull by the horn and become the dominant alpha male in the "wolf pack." otherwise, the marriage will suffer as your resentment builds towards your wife because of her very weak parenting style/skills (which i question if she could ever change or reclaim because her kids would likely not go along with the program.)

kbk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum