MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

change of heart

Go down

change of heart Empty change of heart

Post  Jessica Fri May 01, 2009 10:17 pm

I told my husband years ago before we got married that I love my career and didn't want to have kids. I am doing what I have always wanted to do and would not be able to continue if I were a mother. Now that I am in my late 30's my husband is putting pressure on me to have at least one child. I have told him that my position has not changed. I love my nieces and nephews and I am great with the children of my friends, but I have not wavered in my position that I want to continue in my career. Despite the fact that he was fully on board when we first began discussing this, he is now insinuating that I am selfish and about to miss the opportunity of a lifetime. It is becoming a major barrier between us.

Jessica

Back to top Go down

change of heart Empty hold your ground

Post  maria Tue May 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Would it be ok for you just to say that you explained your position years ago and it has not changed, then leave it at that? I'm not sure you owe him any further explanation, especially if it will come off as unnecessary defensiveness.

maria

Back to top Go down

change of heart Empty change of heart

Post  jack Wed May 13, 2009 7:34 pm

your husband cannot expect you to all of a sudden change your whole perspective on this matter. you made it clear from the beginning and he needs to respect your pre-marital decision on this.... No

jack

Back to top Go down

change of heart Empty why do people judge

Post  geena Thu May 14, 2009 5:37 pm

I don't understaqnd why people think that a woman has to have children to fulfill her destiny. I think it is great when a woman decides to have a family and I also think it is great when she has found a career to be dovoted to even if it means having no kids. There is no fixed agenda she has to live up to, despite what the husband seems to think.
Besides, give her credit for being honest about it from the start.

geena

Back to top Go down

change of heart Empty Re: change of heart

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down