MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my husband is addopted

Go down

my husband is addopted Empty my husband is addopted

Post  Taylor Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:17 pm

My husband and I are both in our late twenties and he just learned recently by accident that he was adopted. He's devestated, not that he is adopted but that his parents never told him. He feels it is an indication that they are not to be trusted. He won't talk to them about it because he says they will just brush his feelings aside and minimize it.

Taylor

Back to top Go down

my husband is addopted Empty adopted husband

Post  tom Wed May 06, 2009 2:08 pm

his parents should have been honest with him about this when he was old enough to understand. however, they may not have known how to broach the subject. maybe you can get them to talk with him about this?

tom

Back to top Go down

my husband is addopted Empty you never know

Post  bbb Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:53 pm

I have a friend who became pregnant via a date rape. It was an awful, traumatic experience, but she could not bring herself to have an abortion. Instead she chose to carry the child and give it for adoption. A wonderful family took the baby in and it became a wonderful experience for all.
Now fast forward twenty years and imagine if the child wants to learn the identity of the birth parents. What if he learns of the real circumstances? How would it affect him?
I agree that children should be told that they were adopted, the sooner the better. But my point is that sometimes facts can be emotionally loaded and the adults may not know what to say or how to respond. I'd be willing to at least hear the parents out and give them the benefit of the doubt. It could be a time of healing and growth for everyone.

bbb

Back to top Go down

my husband is addopted Empty Re: my husband is addopted

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down