husband is sports fanatic

Go down

husband is sports fanatic

Post  blue goo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:17 pm

My husband loves sports and it takes up all his extra time. I don't mind sports. I was an athlete in my earlier years. But he is so far overboard that it is damaging our marriage. He plays in softball tournaments on weekends. Or he'll go hunting or play golf when he's not playing softball. He coaches our son's basketball and baseball and he meets other dads who will take their kids with him to batting cages and stuff like that on week nights. It is way overboard. I've tried to talk to him about putting our marriage in a higher priority, but if he changes it only lasts a couple of weeks at best. I think he's very selfish.

blue goo

Back to top Go down

get used to it

Post  Kim on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:29 pm

The dude is going to do what he wants to do, no matter what.
Sounds to me like you'll need to get a hobby and do it with people who will care about you. Don't sit and wait for Babe Ruth to turn into Mr. Rogers.

Kim

Back to top Go down

if you can't beat 'em, Join 'em!

Post  Kaila on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:54 am

Have you tried finding an activity that you could do together? My husband is a sports junkie too. I swear he is still trying to live like his college football days. You said that you were athletic in your earlier years. Have you tried going to the driving range with him? What about bowling, or some other activity you could do together (one on one and as a family)? My husband and I finally pulled out the schedule, and plan two activities to do together every month. One activity that is sports related, and one that is more my cup of tea (We do have to compromise though).

Kaila

Back to top Go down

Re: husband is sports fanatic

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down