MarriageMate Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my husband won't socialize

Go down

my husband won't socialize Empty my husband won't socialize

Post  anna Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:01 pm

I have always been a very active person socially. When my husband I met over 15 years ago, he seemed interested in the same things as me, but now he has turned into a recluse. We have two grade school kids, a boy and a girl, and through their activities we have lots of opportunities to go out with other parents. But he'll say no close to 100% of the time. I'd like to just go out without him. For example, after my daughter's volleyball games, I'll be invited to go to dinner with one or more couples.
If it weren't for the kids I'd be out of this marriage, but I stay because I don't want them to have to do the back and forth thing from two households. He'd just keep them inside if it were completely up to him.
Am I wrong for deciding to have a social life without him?

anna

Back to top Go down

my husband won't socialize Empty You should have a life too!

Post  Cynthia Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Anna-
I used to date a guy just like that. Good for you that you are continuing to be social throughout these trials. It's very easy to fall into the lonely stay at home trap. I woke up one day 1 year into our relationship and realized I wasn't spending time with my family, with my friends, my phone wasn't ringing, I was staying in all the time....but most importantly I wasn't happy! Don't ever lose yourself!!!

Cynthia

Back to top Go down

my husband won't socialize Empty Re: my husband won't socialize

Post  DD Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Cynthia is lucky that she caught onto her boyfriend's habits before they got married.
Even if your husband won't socialize it doesn't mean you have to live like a recluse. Go out with your friends and if he asks tell him, yes you had a great time.

DD

Back to top Go down

my husband won't socialize Empty Re: my husband won't socialize

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down